Sunday, September 6, 2009


Hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend I know I am. It's been a busy week, but here's a card I worked on and really enjoyed trying-----it's a shadow box card that I'm going to do for my club. It is the same idea as a shadow box except that the card pulls flat for mailing and then you can push it back to give it dimension. I used the circle scissor plus, what a great tool, for the front. The sides are scored which gives it the ability to lay flat or have dimension. I also tried something with the new shimmer paint that's in the new holiday mini catty. I just love trying new ideas and techniques and this paint is beautiful. You probably can't see the shimmer on the butterfly too well, but it's stamped with a mixture of reinker and the champagne mist shimmer paint. It looks really pretty and just gives it a little zip. The top of the crushed curry panel that you see is left unglued so that I could slip a note inside for writing your message. Join me in a class and I'll show you how I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment