Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reverse Vellum Dry Embossing Technique


I am a huge fan of Fifth Avenue Floral and the Embossing Folder Manhattan Flower. Here is a card in which I used a technique that I saw on http://pattystamps.typepad.com
I embossed the large flower on vellum in the Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder. Instead of using the raised side, I turned it over and daub from the different colours of ink pads (pretty in pink, so saffron and regal rose and teeny bit of apricot appeal). Flip the vellum back over so the raised lines are facing up. You will see that you have not covered the white lines of the embossing. I then just cut out the flower and adhered it in the centre with glue dots (they do not show through because of the colouring and heaviness of Stampin Up vellum) to my cardstock. This is a very simple yet dramatic technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment